Monday, April 22, 2019

April Challenge Inspiration - DT Vidhi Jadeja

Hello Crafty Souls,

Today we have our DT Vidhi Jadeja on the blog, who suggested this month's challenge and also will be choosing the winner for the month and sponsoring the main prize as well ...
She created this very interesting moodboard and today she is here with a tutorial to inspire you all with her amazing creativity...
This is our moodboard 



“Creativity is not the idea , it’s never the idea but it’s always what you do with it “ so just think and create 

Now over to Vidhi

Social Media Co-ordinator
Blog           Facebook Page            Instagram             Pinterest

Hello friends, 

Vidhi here with you today.
I'm so happy to inspire you all with a tutorial inspired my moodboard. We have received some beautiful entries so far and expecting a lot more..
There is still a few days left to enter our challenge. Do enter to win a lot of prizes...
So, here is my project and I'm inspired by the left side pictures of the moodboard.



I made an  altered frame from an old wooden clock. The Light bulb is my focal point and I just loved it how it turned out...
Let begin with the procedure of how I created it...

Step 1: I removed all parts and dial of the watch first, just kept a wooden frame. After that, I did one whole on the frame to hang a bulb through a rope. I created a rough texture on the frame with stone effect paste and glued some cheesecloth on it.





Step 2: I applied black gesso to the entire frame as a base to prime the surface. Now its time to add elements on the frame. Placed some MDF chipboards, Prima moulds from clay here and there. When I am satisfied with the placement glued all the elements on the frame.



Step 3: After that again I gave a coat of black gesso on all the elements. Now it's ready to colour the frame. Used Finnabair's rust pastes to give a vintage and rustic look. I started with dark shades to the lighter shades to highlight the elements.




Step 4: When I loved the outcome of rust pastes on the elements I stopped and used the beautiful Vintage Gold shade of  Wax from Finnabair to highlight my elements. They gave a perfect shine to the mix media projects.





Step 5: Last step is to colour the bulb. I used the yellow shade from the mood board and colour it with spray. When it's ready, I tied the knot with string in it and hanged it through the whole from the frame. It's ready !!!












See what I want to tell you ... It's all about the IDEA...so start thinking and creating it. You will have fun in the end. Hope you guys like it...

Thank you.
                         Thank you Vidhi for such an interesting tutorial and inspiration.
Join our new challenge! 
We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until April 30.
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool at the end of this post. 
You can also enter our challenge on Facebook by posting the project photo in the comments of the challenge announcement post on our Facebook page.
On instagram tag us and add our challenge graphic on your post to participate.

DT Vidhi will choose the winner this month and it's author will win goodies worth INR1000.
The second winner will win goodies worth INR 500 . 
Winner and features will be announced  on May 8th.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer !!

                                                    Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment