Tuesday, August 20, 2019

August Challenge Inspiration - DT Priyanka Srivastava

Hello Crafty Souls,

This month our moodboard was suggested by our DT Priyanka Srivastava and she will be choosing the winner for the month as well ...
She created this beautiful moodboard "What's Your Raashi?" and today she is here with a tutorial to inspire you all with her amazing creativity...
This is our moodboard 

Over to Priyanka now....
Hello everyone,

I am Priyanka. This moodboard was a product of my unique Aquarian trait of being unconventional. For an Aquarian girl, like me, normal stuff is boring. Aquarians are known to be unorthodox. They are innovative and unique, they can dream up schemes and ideas the rest of the world simply cannot. they are the Most eccentric of all the zodiac signs. Thinking outside the box? What box?
Aquarians always go against the normal trend. If everyone is going East, an aquarian will go West, North, South or any other direction for that matter, except East! They are definitely "NOT" normal. 
One of their strongest personality trait is Avant-gardism! Avante garde art. The latest poem consisting of only words beginning with 'A', or a new artwork featuring simply an upturned dustbin, may not appeal to everyone... but Aquarius laps up the extreme, edgy and, well, frankly, weird shit in the arts world. They get it. 
So here's my project showing the typical AQUARIUS trait...NORMAL IS BORING!


Step 1: I took a pattern paper filled with lovely shades of purple, mauve and teal. I choose these colours for the moodboard as they are my favorite !


Step 2:  I choose a picture of an Aquarian girl to be the highlight. She has symbol for aquarius zodiac on her forehead and is wearing  headband having a small water-bearing jug embellishment. After I chose a spot where the picture of Aquarian girl will go, I used a flourish stencil around the spot to make a frame. After that I sprayed some colour mists and sprays on and around it to give it a pop. 



 Step 3: I used white coir to make a round frame around the picture to give it some dimension. I decided to keep the picture crooked to give it an eccentric and whimsical look (SO AQUARIAN OF ME!). After that I used script stamp to give additional texture and element to my layout.


Step 4: I used a lot of art stones and different flowers to decorate it and highlight it. 


Step 5: After this I typed a quote " NORMAL IS BORING" and cut it out using fancy scissors. I distressed the edges and painted inside the words using waxes of teal and amethyst colours. I also used some stenciling, white coir, art stones and quilled flowers of the same colour scheme to highlight it.


Step 6: Finally to bring everything together, I sprayed a little bit of white, teal and purple colours on the entire layout.

Hope you like my project. 

Thank You.

          Thank you Priyanka for such an interesting tutorial and inspiration.
Join our new challenge! 
We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until August 31.
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool at the end of this post. 
You can also enter our challenge on Facebook by posting the project photo in the comments of the challenge announcement post on our Facebook page.
On Instagram, tag us and add our challenge graphic on your post to participate.

DT Priyanka will choose the winner this month and it's author will win goodies worth INR1000.
The second winner will win goodies worth INR 500 . 
Winner and features will be announced  on June 8th.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer !!

      Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation... I love the beautiful mix of colours and embellishments...Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous art work..

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete