Friday, August 16, 2019

August Special Guest Designer ~ Aditi Mahajan

Hello Crafty Souls...
Welcome to Mixed Media Academy Challenge
Today we have an awesome crafter  Aditi Mahajan as our Guest Designer


Blog    Instagram   Facebook    YouTube     

My name is Aditi and I live in Bangalore, India. Along with my Mother, I started Dots to Lines and we have been mixed media artists and scrapbookers professionally for about 5 years. We are into paper-crafting, layouts, journaling, album making, altered art and scrapbooking. Our style of art and craft is a fusion of techniques and use of vibrant colours. We aim to spread joy. Every creation of ours, speaks a story and we enjoy sharing this with people. 
Apart from this, I'm a practising Psychologist/Life Coach. I also incorporate art into my therapeutic process. 

About The Project


The colour palette works for me very well because these are my go-to colours. I’ve used a crescent moon idea and created my interpretation of the universe. I believe my purpose is to heal, inspire and spread light. The Virgo Symbol is of a maiden carrying s shaft of wheat. In my interpretation, I’ve used it as a fairy carrying this light to illuminate the world. I’ve also depicted the universe from the Moon’s perspective, which means space seems white and the moon and stars have the colour:)! This to me is a metaphorical representation of how others perspective and point of view is so important for me. The phrases I’ve used are lines from a poem that I’ve written and talked about this idea. 

I also made a video tutorial  for the same where you can find the step by step process 


Some more close ups of my project...









 Thank you Aditi for this wonderful project with so many details...

Do participate in our challenge to win some awesome goodies and also be our next Guest Designer...
You can find this month's challenge on right side bar.

Thank You...

3 comments: