Thursday, July 16, 2020

Special Guest Designer - Marilyn Rivera

Hello Crafty Souls

Today we have our March Challenge winner Marilyn Rivera as Guest Designer.
She  created a beautiful Canvas Inspired by the Mood board this month. 
You can participate in our challenge through the linky tool below. 
Also through Facebook and Instagram.
 Please read our rules before entering
Now over to Marilyn





FACEBOOK     INSTAGRAM     YOUTUBE

Hello sweeties! I'm so happy to be Guest Design for Mixed Media Academy.  I'm a romantic lady so I tried to combine the colors and nature theme of the mood board with some feminine elements and I hope it inspires you. I also made a video tutorial and you can watch the creative process.




PHOTO Project

I took a wood heart from the dollar store and gave it a coat of white gesso. After drying, I adhered a piece of lace to one side of the heart. I gave textures with a stencil and modeling paste.  I started to make my composition with a few branches that I found in the yard. I chose some flowers and leaves in the same colors of the moodboard and stick them around the branches. Next, I added some resin pieces like the bird, frames and swirls.  Once everything was adhered it, I gave color in some areas of the stencil work.  Finally, I added more textures with art stones, pearls and metal hearts.
Photos







Here's the video tutorial and I hope it inspires you! 
Thank you so much for stopping by today! 
VIDEO

Take care! Hugs!
Hope my project will inspire you.
Thank you Mixed Media Academy Team for inviting me as a Guest Designer.
I enjoyed a lot to make this inspiration following this month's Beautiful moodboard.
Thank you.

Thank you Marilyn for such an inspiring project.
Join our Challenge this month
Our Design Team will choose the winner and it's author will win 
$25 worth prize from our Sponsor 

One Indian Winner, as voted by our DT Members will receive 
Gifts worth INR 500 from our Sponsor




TOP 3

Our Design Team will select Top 3 Projects and they will receive Top 3 Badges 

GUEST DESIGNER

Our challenge winner, with highest number of votes as voted by our Design team, 
will be invited to be our Guest Designer.

We are very grateful to all our generous sponsors for these fabulous prizes.
To learn more about any of them, click on the SPONSORS tab above. 
We are looking forward to seeing your entries into our
JUNE Challenge

Link up your projects using our Link Tool by JUNE 30th 11:55 pm IST. You can
find the link to our current challenge on the blog sidebar

   Have a great day!



1 comment: