Tuesday, September 15, 2020

September Guest Designer ~ Di Garling

 Hello Mixed Media Academy Fans!

Today we have Di Garling as our Guest Designer. She created an amazing project inspired by our moodboard this month.


FACEBOOK        INSTAGRAM        BLOG       YOUTUBE

Now over to Di...

Hello there, Di Garling from Australia here with you today "Guest Designing" for this month's
challenge & being inspired by MMA's wonderful moodboard.




STEP #1.
To start my project I heat embossed all the chipboard I wanted to use in my project with some Ranger
"Gold Tinsel" embossing powder. Hard to see in a photo but this embossing powder is super sparkly.

For the little word banner which says "Memories" I simply wiped  some Prima Wax Paste in 
"Rich Copper" over it so that the word would be in contrast to the other chipboard elements.

STEP #2.
To start my layout I have done some stencilling on this beautiful paper from AB.Studios. It was the perfect colour for this challenge. I have used some Finnibair Art Extravgance Icing Paste in 
"Vintage Gold". I think the gold stencilling looks so nice on the deep green paper!


STEP #3.
Next I did some splatters in Lindys Gang sprays in both
 "Grab A Guy Gold" & also "Incandescent Copper". 
Hard to see in the photo but this just adds a little extra shine to my layout.


Some close up shots of my layout.....


Lots of gorgeous flowers with the gold sparkly chipboard for added effect.


Lots of layers too, with a generous sprinkling of  bronze sequins for extra shimmer & shine.


The little chipboard word banner that I had coloured with the "Rich Copper" wax paste.


The colours in this months moodboard are so wonderfully rich & intense!


Well I hope you like my layout today & perhaps be inspired by it
& play along with the challenge this month too. Thanks again to MIXED MEDIA ACADEMY
for asking me to be your Guest Designer this month. I have really enjoyed creating for this moodboard.

Thank you Di Garling for this stunning project.
Do u feel inspired??

Join our Challenge this month
Our Design Team will choose winners and it's author will win 

$25 worth prize with from our Sponsor 


$25 worth prize from our Sponsor 



One Indian Winner, as voted by our DT Members will receive 
Goodie Bag worth INR 750 from our Sponsor




TOP 3

Our Design Team will select Top 3 Projects and they will receive Top 3 Badges 

GUEST DESIGNER

Our challenge winner, with highest number of votes as voted by our Design team, 
will be invited to be our Guest Designer.

We are very grateful to all our generous sponsors for these fabulous prizes.
To learn more about any of them, click on the SPONSORS tab above. 
We are looking forward to seeing your entries into our
SEPTEMBER Challenge

Link up your projects using our Link Tool here by SEPTEMBER 30th 11:55 pm IST.

   Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment