Thursday, August 27, 2020

August Guest Designer ~ Heikes AugenBlick

 Hello MIxed Media Academy Fans!


Today we have Heikes AugenBlick as our Guest Designer
She created an amazing project inspired by our moodboard this month.


Now over to Heike...

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my guest design project on the blog from Mixed Media Academy. I created for the August challenge a scrapbook layout 30cm x 30cm in mixed media style. 


I started on a grey cardstock design paper from 13arts with two layers of clear gesso also from 13arts.
After my gesso was dry I added color glow to my page. Color glow is a metallic shine powder and I used two different color shades in blue. The next step was adding silver glitter, white acrylic color and bordeaux acrylic color with my palette-knife. After that I added my stencil design with Archival Ink and stencils from Hobby shop Sandra, a store here in The Netherlands. Now it was time for  my stamp images with stamps from ScrapFx Australia, LaBlanche and LostCoast Design and black  ink. Some parts of my black stamp images are covered in black embossing powder from WOW. For more texture on my layout I added blue hot wax to my page. Then I painted randomly with black acrylic paint. After everything was dry I glued my photo of my youngest daughter Mia and I added a photo transfer from a polar bear to my background. Final touch markmaking with a posca pen and some tiny stickers from Tim Holtz. 
I think I created a perfect scrapbook layout for this awesome mood board with the title
"Be messy and complicated and show up anyways".
Actually for me a mixed media project must always be wonderful messy... that's just part of it, at least for me!! It doesn't have to be complicated.
I hope I was able to inspire you a little bit to join in with this challenge. I in my case would like to say thank you to MMA for the invitation to be guest designer, it was fun for me and I feel very honoured.

Here are some close-up pics of the project:





Thank you Heikes for this stunning project.
Do u feel inspired??
Join our Challenge this month
Our Design Team will choose the winner and it's author will win 
$25 worth prize from our Sponsor 

One Indian Winner, as voted by our DT Members will receive 
Gifts worth INR 1000 from our Sponsor


TOP 3

Our Design Team will select Top 3 Projects and they will receive Top 3 Badges 

GUEST DESIGNER

Our challenge winner, with highest number of votes as voted by our Design team, 
will be invited to be our Guest Designer.

We are very grateful to all our generous sponsors for these fabulous prizes.
To learn more about any of them, click on the SPONSORS tab above. 
We are looking forward to seeing your entries into our
AUGUST Challenge

Link up your projects using our Link Tool here by AUGUST 31st 11:55 pm IST.

   Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment