Monday, November 23, 2020

November Guest Designer ~ Madhurima Dutta

 Hello Crafty Souls,
Welcome to Mixed Media Acacdemy Challenge blog once again. Today we have our challenge Winner Madhurima Dutta as our Guest Designer today. She created a wonderful project inspired by our moodboard this month. You can find our challenge on the top right hand side bar of the blog. Create a project, follow all rules and link it to our blog. You can win amazing sponsor prizes.

Now over to Madhurima


INSTAGRAM             FACEBOOK              YOUTUBE

Hello!!! Hello!!! My lovely crafters… this is Madhurima Dutta here from India and I am thrilled to be able to inspire you all with my guest DT project for this month at mixed media academy. This month’s moodboard is really gorgeous with all the different tones of purple and lilacs. Since these colors are known to have a very romantic and royal feel to it so I decided to create a crescent moon shaped layout. This layout really depicts my mood right now which is to be in touch with the lovely weather outside as well as to be in love with myself. To add a romantic touch to the layout I have added some fabrics and feathers and altered it to create a dream-catcher which in a sense shows how I love to dream about all the positive things in my life. Hope I am able to inspire you all with my project for this month.


Now lets start with the creation process!!!

# Step 1:

First of all I cut out a crescent moon shape from a piece of cardboard and stick a watercolor paper over it with the help of matte medium.

To it, for added textures I added natural sand ground texture paste and deco art stones ( both from expressions craft).Next up, I applied a coat of crackle paste here and there and then covered everything with black gesso.











Finally I added some metallic sprays- Amethyst (from expressions craft) and Witch’s potion purple and sassy sapphire (from Lindys stamp gang) to bring in the colors of the moodboard on the background base.

# Step 2:

Once done with base I will prepare some embellishments. For that I have used some chipboard cutout (from craftyattire by tuhina) and applied a coat of crackle paste and then used different shades of purples and teals to color them. To add some highlights I have added silver glitz wax from little birdie and electric violet wax crea from finnabair over the purple embellishments and antique gold and aqua sheen waxes from little birdie over the teal embellishments.

# Step 3:

This step is all about layering different embellishments. To start off, I adhered the bigger elements over the base. For more added texture I went in with a piece of cotton fabric dyed with witch’s potion purple. Also, to break the monotone of the colors I added a piece of white net fabric. Next up, I glued a piece of cardboard so that it becomes easier to create the next layers. On the cardboard piece I created subtle texture with tim holtz stencil and texture paste, covered it up with black gesso and went in and colored it with the previously used waxes.

Over the cardboard I added my focal point and around the focal point I added some die cut foliages and also some handmade flowers from expressions craft.

To further accentuate the focal image I added a chipboard frame; embossed it with Immix embossing powder in the shade true blue and hot pink. Next I painted some glass cabochons with electric violet and aqua sheen wax to go well with the existing colors of the moodboard.

Finally to finish off I used different type of laces and fabrics to hang some artificial white feathers, some die cut leaves and a central chipboard element in the shape of feather (from little birdie). I went in and colored the chipboard piece with sassy sapphire starburst spray along the inner areas and with amethyst metallic spray and electric violet wax on the outer corners and on the edges. To top it all I added some glitters (why not!!! Everybody loves glitters) and also some cute little butterflies because nature is incomplete without butterflies!!!

So I am finally done with my project. It was so fun to create according to this amazing moodboard. Thank you all once again to stop by to see my guest DT project. Hope that you guys enjoyed the brief process description as much as I enjoyed creating it. Have fun and happy crafting. Here are a few close up of the project for your kind reference.








Thank you Madhurima for this wonderful tutorial.
Check out our challenge, participate and win amazing prizes.



1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete